We’re getting close to the start of camp, and with that we hope you are as excited as we are!
This email contains the following information: the bus schedule, driving directions, what to bring to camp, important information regarding transporting and dispensing of medications and things to remember.
Please check the drop-off/pick-up times for your camper based on the session/date(s) you’ve registered him/her into.
We’ll see you soon!
CAMPER PRESCRIPTION MEDICATION
Below you will find links for a camper medication form as well as a standing medication orders. These are required in order for our staff to provide prescription and over the counter medications to campers with your permission. No Medications will be provided to campers without these forms and adherence to the guidelines listed below.
If your child will need to take any medication, a Camper Medication Form must be filled out by a parent or guardian. We must know the prescription, dose, time, and instructions for administration of medication. The medication form is for any medications (including vitamins, inhalers, and over the counter medications) that your camper takes on a regular basis. Medications must be in their original containers with prescription information included, this includes any inhalers, nasal sprays, and epi pens.
Place all medications, in their original containers, along with your completed Camper Medication Form inside of a large ziplock bag. Lable the ziplock bag with your camper’s name on the outside. At camper drop off you will give this to the Camp Staff at check in. Campers can check out Emergency medications, such as inhalers from Camp staff if needed during physical activities.
The Standing Medication Order Form allows Camp staff to provide the identified medications to your camper if needed on an as-needed basis. These medications are given as needed to treat symptoms of illness or aches. Please review this sheet and cross out any medications you do not approve before signing. A complete Standing Medication Orders is required to provide your camper with any medications not provided with the Camper Medication Form. No over the counter medications will be provided without a signed Standing Medication Orders.
Both of these forms are due when you check your camper in at the bus or camp. Again, you must have all medication in original bottles in a Ziploc baggie labled with your camper’s name. Please turn this in at check in and do not leave it in your camper’s bag. Campers can not have medication of any form on their person or in their personal items (examples: vitamins, Advil, antacids, etc). These must be given by our Camp staff based on the provided instructions and stored in a locked cabin away from campers.
Fill out the attached sheet so that we know what over-the-counter medications can be given to you/your camper.
WHAT EVERY PARENT NEEDS TO KNOW
WHAT TO BRING TO CAMP
…if you/your camper will be dropped off at the camp
Camp Colley is located at 7379 Forest Service Rd 9032H, Happy Jack AZ 86024
Campers must be dropped off and picked up at the camp by an adult during the times listed below. Please drop off campers and check-in at the office which is located next to the water tank with Sparky on it.
Dropoff times and directions are below. If you are planning to drop your camper of at camp please confirm this by emailing ...
I-17 from Phoenix
- Turn off I-17 at exit #287, the Camp Verde exit (highway260)
- Follow highway 260 east through Camp Verde for about 30 miles until you come to the T junction of Highway 260 and Highway 87 (milepost251)
- Turn left onto highway 87/rim road and proceednortheast
- After 11 miles you will go through Clints Well (MP290)(small store and gasstation)
- Continue for another 10 miles you will see a sign for the Blue Ridge Ranger Station (MP299)(you can see it on theright)
- Just past the ranger station, turn right on to Forest Service Road 95 (gravelroad)
- Travel down this road for 1 mile, there will be a turn at the first left which is Forest Road 513 (GPS notes this road as NF-9032h) . Turn here and follow the road for another mile. Go through the gate at the end – you have arrived at CampColley.
Highway 87 from Phoenix
- Take Highway 87 heading north out of Phoenix
- Follow all the way to Payson, continue through Payson on the same road (Highway87).
- Camp Colley is 50 miles north of Payson on Highway87.
- Highway 87 will take you through Pine (MP 267) and Strawberry (MP270) (smalltowns).
- 11 miles past the junction for Highway 260 (MP278), you will go through Clints Well (MP290)(small store and gasstation)
- Continue for another 10 miles you will see a sign for the Blue Ridge Ranger Station (you can see it on theright)
- Just past the ranger station (MP299), turn right on to Forest Service Road 95 (gravelroad)
- Travel down this road for 1 mile, there will be a turn at the first left which is Forest Road 513 (GPS notes this road as NF-9032h) . Turn here and follow the road for another mile. Go through the gate at the end – you have arrived at Camp Colley.