Owned by ASU and originally called Camp Tontozona, the retreat center served as the pre-season training site for the Arizona State University football team for nearly fifty years. Numerous coaches have taken their athletes to train on the renowned sports field built on the property.
Frank Kush head coach for ASU from 1958-1979 went fishing at the property one weekend and that’s when the vision of putting in a field was first born, Later when the field was put in it became known as “Camp T” – ASU football training camp a famous icon in college football history.
Under the direction of Tonto Creek Camp, the nonprofit that assumed management of the camp, it was re-branded in 2010 as Tonto Creek Camp and opened to the public.
Passionate to maintain the values and traditions embodied during those first generations in the tall pines, we’re currently supporting Arizona youth, schools and local nonprofits who serve youth by providing outdoor education and leadership. LEARN MORE!